Wednesday 4 January 2012

Resolutions? Solutions?

2012, eh? I’ve been a long way away, a long way awhen…  So forgive me while I come back, while I come to.  It may take some time... 
Resolutions?  We toss the word around but what are resolutions? A breaking into parts, a reducing of things into simpler forms.  Where does the root of resolution come from? Solvere, the Latin verb that means to loosen, to untie.  What is a solution?  Solutio – the resolution of a difficulty.  In chemistry, a liquid containing a dissolved substance.  In alchemy… Well…
I dunno, you can pursue this if it interests you. If it doesn’t, just skip to the music (it says the same anyway, just in a different way). I’m simply throwing out thoughts…images…words…  I can't tell you anything.  Only you can tell you. 

Today, I wonder.  What does it mean, to dissolve? To become a solution?  Resolution of a difficulty? The end of Self, of separation?  Purification?  Knowledge of our consciousness/ subconsciousness/ unconsciousness?  Clear running water dissolving the elements of the rocks through which it passes.  Clarity of thought and action.  Letting go of poison, of toxicity, releasing the rigidity of the past, of our inheritance (what MaSte would call our genetic and contextual conditioning) our ‘karma’.  And finally, of course, the river leads to the sea, the wide open sea.  The Great Sea.  Mara.  Binah.  Emotions - of all kinds.  'Bad' as well as 'good'. Acceptance. 

So, anyway.  You wanna resolve? You want to be a solution?  Yeah, me too. J
  








6 comments:

Sessha Batto said...

every day I seek to resolve, dissolve into the solution of the universe. It is a journey, a process so gradual that, with my luck, will only be completed at my death. Still, the journey is the thing ;)

Tee said...

Eventually, I suspect, I will synchronize with Earth. My physical and spiritual are getting close...and then, when you look at the stars or a tree, you will see me. I will be there. :)

I am the beauty I love. Or at least, one day, I will be.

Exmoorjane said...

Ah, my two beautiful friends...you know and I see. :)

Ashen said...

Yesterday I was in the wild wind that blew my rose-arch down, tomorrow I'll be in the hands that assembles a new one, huh ... right now I love you girls :)

Tattieweasle said...

to dissolve the poison that is a resolution and a half for me! An eternal quest against my baser self..

Rob-bear said...

The other side, of course, is that you can be the problem, or you can be the solution. Yours to chose.

Hope you have a grand 2012, resolutions, solutions, or whatever.

Blessings and Bear hugs!