Tuesday 22 May 2012

Watching the waves...

So, what am I doing, here in Greece?

Well... Y'know...

Mainly I am just sitting here watching the waves...

They come in, they go out; they come in, they go out; they come in, they go out.
In, out; in, out; in, out; in, out; in, out.... (you get the idea?)

The current ran from the left for a few hours.  Then it changed its mind and ran in from the right.
Presumably because of the wind.
Every so often a boat will go by and the water will come a little closer to my toes.
And then withdraw again.

But, really... In, out; in, out; in, out; in, out...

Like breathing.

And, really, that's what I am doing.  :-)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate you.

John Brassey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Brassey said...

Sounds idyllic. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Rachel Selby said...

There is something magic about Greece. I hope you catch it.

Frances said...

Jane, watching and listening to the sea roll in, then roll out has been a good thing for many centuries.

(Are those silvery toes yours? Also hoping you've got lots of sunscreen.)

xo

Rob-bear said...

In, out, in, out. Sounds . . . won't go there.

And did the waves wave to you when they changed directions?

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Nicola Vincent-Abnett said...

Bliss!

I was born by the sea and it is very special. I never go in it, but I do love to go and look at it at regular intervals.

The bike shed said...

There you are in Greece and I've just been to visit Dulverton - hey, what great little town it is. Fab book shop, tea shop, pub, deli, bakers....

D.J. Kirkby said...

How utterly gorgeous...I will come back and read the words in your post over and over and over....because they relaxed my brain.

Kate said...

so so so jealous!!! :)


Kate
Saving Mummys Money
http://www.Savvymummys.co.uk

Exmoorjane said...

@Everything - Shore you do.

@John - I did.

@Frances - they are indeed..and yes, Mum, I had my factor 50...

@Addy - it was. I love the sea too...became quite mesmerised by the way it played with that little beach.

@TBS - Ah...crossed paths huh? Yeah, it's a cute place. Window displays for Jubilee thingy very funny too. Glad you liked it.

DJ - I'm glad. Even better, get yourself out there. :)

Kate - ditto to DJ - get yourself booked. Can't recommend it highly enough..truly. And cheaper to live out there than here... honest.

Exmoorjane said...

@Bear - I missed you out...sorry!
My my...your mind... :D
And yes, they waved - and it was just...swell. :)

Alison Cross said...

Sounds idyllic! *envious face*

Ali x