Anyhow. Whatever. Who cares? I have just packed the following:· Swimsuits (James informs me that I swim like Asbo and so he is going to teach me to swim ‘properly’. ‘Like an otter, Mum.’ An otter? Fair enough. Without the fish breath, I hope.
· Gym kit. Yes, there’s a gym at the hotel. If it gets too hot outside I can just turn my usual routine around and go sit on an exercise bike to cool down. Sensible, huh?
· Kindle (loaded and dangerous) plus three paper books. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoot (have saved this for positively aeons - it had better deliver); The Neurotourist (seemed suitable); The Dervish House (cos one needs a bit of frolic, right?).
· iPod. With meditations from the divine Barbara Ford-Hammond. I am still waiting to discover my past lives and my future lives because every time I listen to them, I fall asleep. Maybe I just don’t have any? No past, no future – just right now eh? Music? The usual suspects - though it really riles me that some people don’t put stuff out there for download. *grr*
· Tarot pack and pendulum. Viv convinced me this combo would work well and I think she’s right. The runes are too chilly and the I Ching is too heavy. I can also use the pendulum to dowse food for dodgy bacteria and to freak traders out while haggling.
· Sunbelievable "self-tan". Self-tan? Fake tan, FAKE tan. May be fake but is good.
· Notebooks. Moleskines. Two
· DermaquestSkin Therapy – advanced B5 serum. Have been road-testing this and it’s good stuff. Light and non-sticky for hot places too…(as in hot countries, not hot bits of body…doh!).
· My IRISH BUSH beach bag from Israel (thanks, Baram!). Totally recycled. Makes me laugh.
· A slinky black maxi-dress. NO idea why I bought this as I will most likely never wear it. But I like the idea of it.
· Cut-off jean shorts. Many black tops. Assorted underwear. Reebok fitflops.
· Sunglasses. Ray-bans bought in Miami airport twenty years ago.
· AromatherapyAssociates diffuser and Relax oil. I know it’s weird but hotel rooms often smell funny. And yeah, smart-asses, I've got an adaptor..
· Hats. Trusty white cowboy job plus my Dead Sea peaked cap.
· Much sunscreen.
Sorted. Have I forgotten anything? Probably. Notice anything missing from that list? Yeah, I'm not taking my laptop. James says I'm 'addicted' and I fear he may be right. So, with a deep gulp, I am leaving it behind. I shall miss you all...and will look forward to hearing your tales (of mad Ulysses?) when I return.. Happy hunting, brigands... :)
Oh, Asbo and the SP? They're sorted too.. our dogsitters have landed and we have already been forgotten... :)